[Monetdb-developers] (no subject)

Fabian Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Fri Jun 24 10:49:47 CEST 2005

Thanks for your interest in MonetDB/SQL

Roger Erens wrote:
> All in all, the installer should have its version number upped, I think.
> Hopefully this will lead to up-to-date mirrors. Also, the installer
> should notify the user of the old files and folders, giving the choice
> of backing those up, or overwrite them, or whatever seems best.

If a change fixes a problem which everyone suffers from, the version
number *should* be bumped.  *I* agree with you that this *should* have
been the case for this situation.

> copying from the documentation->Front ends->SQL web page
> (http://monetdb.cwi.nl/TechDocs/FrontEnds/SQL/index.html):
> CREATE USER "voc" WITH PASSWORD 'voc' NAME 'VOC Explorer' SCHEMA "sys";
>
> results in a dialog window, containing:
> Mserver.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> AppName: mserver.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName:
> lib_sql_server.dll
> ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 00057cfa

I have this fixed in the current branch.  It works for me now.  Some
nasty regression bug, unfortunately.  It would be great if you would
attention to us, and what kind of report this is.

> If you need to have more info, I'll be happy to try to get it for you...
> I don't know whether MonetDB.conf in CWI\MonetDB\etc is used, but it
> contains the following lines:
>
> # Where MonetDB is installed
> prefix=C:\Documents and Settings\sjoerd\My Documents\src\MonetDB\NT
> exec_prefix=C:\Documents and Settings\sjoerd\My Documents\src\MonetDB\NT
>
> which is not right on my system, of course.

Could you report this as a separate bug please?  That would be easier
for us to deal with.

Best regards,
Fabian