[Monetdb-developers] Re: FW: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Thu Jun 16 14:16:16 CEST 2005

Fabian (MonetDB Project) wrote:

> Ignacio Hernandez-Ros wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'll try to send a patch.

I have already implemented a patch.  It uses
	#if PHP_API_VERSION <= 20020918
to distinguish between PHP 4 and 5.

>> This is what happens when the query is executed in MapiClient.
>>
>> [ihr at jo-con-el FRTA2]$ cat > test.xq
>> <hello>hola</hello>
>> [ihr at jo-con-el FRTA2]$ MapiClient -lxquery test.xq
>> <hello>hola</hello>
>> [ihr at jo-con-el FRTA2]$
>>
>> And this is what happens when the query is executed in MapiClient
>> using mil
>> language.
>>
>> [ihr at jo-con-el FRTA2]$ MapiClient -lmil
>> # Monet Database Server V4.9.0
>> # Copyright (c) 1993-2005, CWI. All rights reserved.
>> # Compiled for i686-pc-linux-gnu/32bit with 32bit OIDs; dynamically
>> linked.
>> # Visit http://monetdb.cwi.nl/ for further information.
>> mil>xquery("xml","<hello>hola</hello>");
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <XQueryResult>
>> <hello>hola</hello>
>> </XQueryResult>
>> mil>
>>
>> The result of an xquery is not a table with rows and columns. Is another
>> piece of XML that I don't know how to get it back into the PHP code.
>

> As far as I know, this should be represented as one column.  Maybe it
> isn't.  Sjoerd will know the answer.  Perhaps it works better for you in
> this case if you use the xquery language, instead of mil from your PHP
> script.  Again, I think Sjoerd knows for sure how the response is given
> shape.

The result in both cases is indeed a one-column table of strings which
you should be able to read using the normal MAPI functions.
The deal with the <XQueryResult> tag is that in the MapiClient -lxquery
case you can add an option -sxml to get the answer encapsulated in
<XQueryResult> tags.

>> What you sent me didn't work. Thank you for your support. Are there more
>> alternatives?
>>
>> Regards,
>> IHR
>>
>> Ignacio Hernandez-Ros
>> XBRL International Inc. - Technology Development
>> ihr at xbrl.org
>> Cell: +34 609027754

Sjoerd Mullender