[Monetdb-developers] About MonetDB's modules

Rodrigo Schmidt rodrigo.schmidt at epfl.ch
Wed Jun 1 17:23:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am PhD student at EPFL, Switzerland, and I am working on database
replication. I just started looking at MonetDB and I have a simple
doubt. Are modules like the SQL module written in MIL or in C/C++?

I downloaded the sources of the SQL front end and I found some files
whose extension is ".mx" and which seem to implement the SQL translator
into MIL. The code looks pretty much like C++.

Moreover, I read somewhere in your web page that two-phase-locking is
implemented outside the database kernel. Where exactly is it implemented
for the SQL front end?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Rodrigo Schmidt