[Monetdb-developers] HAVE_* conditionals for mapi/clients

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Fri Feb 11 18:06:44 CET 2005

Niels Nes wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:27:36PM +0100, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
>
>>Niels, why did you add the HAVE_* conditionals to the mapi/clients
>>Makefile.ag?
>>
>>As far as I can see, creating or installing the Python, Perl, and TCL
>>files is not dependent on the presence of the interpreters.  It's only
>>when you go one level deeper, into the Cimpl and DBD directories that
>>you get these dependencies.  The Cimpl directories are already protected
>>by HAVE_*_SWIG conditionals, so only the perl/DBD directory would need
>>to be protected with a conditional.
>

> this is needed for rpm. Ie no perl -> no MonetDB_perl rpm. So incase there
> is no perl we do not install the perl files.
> Indeed this is abit overkill but is it a problem that the perl files
> are not installed when perl is missing?

The "problem" is (as always ;-) Windows.  The question is, should I
install the Perl, Python, and TCL files or not?  I used to install the
Perl and Python files, but since they aren't built if I don't specify
HAVE_PERL and HAVE_PYTHON, the installer complains that the files don't
exist.

I think I'll just remove them from the installer.

Of course, we *know* that we have Python, since it is required for
building (autogen).

--
Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org>