[Monetdb-developers] Re: 3rd MonetDB-Bug-Day: Results and Future Work

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Dec 20 18:03:24 CET 2005

Dear all,

all the remaining 209 bug reports have been check yesterday and today.

Thank you all very much for your help with the three MonetDB-Bug-Days.

Two task still remain:

1) Re-check all bug reports that are set to "pending" and add proper test
   scripts for them:
   https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=browse&group_id=56967&atid=482468&set=custom&_assigned_to=0&_status=4&_category=0&_group=0&order=artifact_id&sort=ASC&offset=0

2) Take care of all open bugs and fix them:
   https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=browse&group_id=56967&atid=482468&set=custom&_assigned_to=0&_status=1&_category=0&_group=0&order=artifact_id&sort=ASC&offset=0

For the future, we should implement the new Bug-Etiquette, that no bug
report may be closed, unless a test script (incl. correct output!) has been
added to the CVS repository (and hence the automatic testing system).
The developer/assignee that closes the bug report is responsible for
ensuring that a proper test script is available (and that it's location is
clearly given in one of the bug reports comments).
Of course, users that submit a bug report are more than welcome to also
provide a test query/script to reproduce the bug (either simply as a comment
or attachment to the bug report, or even as a proper test script in CVS).

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!