[Monetdb-developers] JDBC: transaction/savepoint issue

Andrei Martsinchyk andrei.martsinchyk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:02:12 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to use MonetDB as a backend for Java application I am developing.
I have noticed that inserts the application does have no effect.
Statements are executed without exceptions, but data rows do not get into table.
I have investigated the problem and have figured out that problem is
in transaction and savepoint handling. If transaction had savepoints,
it could be silently rolled back when Connection.commit() is called.
I have finished with short Java program that demonstrate the bug(?), I
am attaching it to the message. Please, take a look.
I tested with MonetDB-4.8.2+sql-2.8.2 (release, source tarball) and
with MonetDB-4.8.3+sql-2.8.3 (nightly build, August 30).
Platforms: 32-bit Linux RedHat 9,   32-bit Linux Ubuntu 5.04

--
Best regards,
Andrei Martsinchyk                   mailto:andrei.martsinchyk at gmail.com