[Monetdb-developers] Re: [ monetdb-Bugs-1274819 ] "type error: no variant of function ... accepts the the giv"

Ethan Aubin ethan.aubin at pobox.com
Mon Aug 29 01:10:36 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:03:29AM +0200, Ying Zhang wrote:
> I'm very sure there is a "make check" for every MonetDB module, so does
> pathfinder.

I believe it! I just found the immense TestWeb page today.  I was
initially assuming that pathfinder was distributed with its tests like
MonetDB.

[Side node: IMO, the web page might be easier to navigate if the
subnodes on the left hand side had the same content as the submenus on
the top bar. E.g. Starting from
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/XQuery/index.html and clicking the Development
on the left hand side lists a submenu 'Download from CVS', while
clicking Development on the top takes me to a page with 'Partners',
'Contributors', 'TestWeb', etc on the left menu. This was how I missed
the TestWeb earlier]

Your were right about Mtest not being in my path. I forgot to 'rehash'
after installing MonetDB. Cheers - EA