[Monetdb-developers] DBD::monetdb: DBI registration

Steffen Goeldner sgoeldner at cpan.org
Wed Aug 24 12:32:07 CEST 2005

Niels Nes wrote (2005-07-16 14:57):

> I guess we never told you that we all agree this is a very good idea. We
> have similar plans with the jdbc and php/pear-db interfaces. So go ahead.

O.k., FYI, I registered the 'monetdb_' prefix within DBI:

As soon as Tim commits this patch, you'll see it here:

   <http://svn.perl.org/viewcvs/modules/dbi/trunk/DBI.pm?view=log>

Further on, I proposed DBD::monetdb for inclusion in the Module List

Usually, this takes time. (Somebody of the module list maintainers has to
acknowledge the proposal.)

Certainly, DBI users expect to find a DBI driver on CPAN:

   <http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Database_Interfaces/DBD>

Do you have any objections that I upload snapshots of DBD::monetdb to
CPAN?
Such a package will be generated as follows:

   cd MonetDB/src/mapi/clients/perl/DBD
   Makefile.PL
   make dist

I'm aware that currently, with its MapiLib dependency, the package
isn't very useful on its own - the user needs a MonetDB client anyway.
That's not nice, but nothing out of the ordinary (and it may be changed).

Steffen