[Monetdb-developers] Build date in Mserver startup info

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon May 3 13:04:26 CEST 2004

> > I can live with that... I never build from a subdir. I think it's quite
> > logical as well to require a full build for consistency on the build
> > number/date.
> >

> I agree too, I mostly compile from the top dir as well. It just would be
> nice to have access to this "last toplevel-build-date";

do you "only" do a "make" in the top dir, i.e., re-build only that parts
that might have been changed by a "cvs update", or do you re-build from
scratch? in the first case, the "last toplevel-build-date" would still
require a force re-compile of some part...

I might have a look into this, but not today... maybe even not this week,
sorry ...

> I would use it
> to quickly check whether my automated nightly build has succeeded or not.
hm, I guess, we need to talk ... ;-)