[Monetdb-developers] Build date in Mserver startup info

Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sat May 1 15:39:52 CEST 2004

> Can't make be instructed to always compile or evaluate a file? Some
> python script could perhaps generate a little C file which has one
> method to return the (hard coded) date. This method might get called
> from instances who need it. In the worst case the end binary gets
> relinked I guess?

In priciple, this might be an option, but it will only work if one calles
make in the top-level build directory. In case one calles make only in one
of the subdirectories (e.g., src/gdk, or src/modules/plain), which is very
convenient to speed-up the re-build process, your solution will not work,
and hence result in an "inconsisten" build date.

> I might think too simple

... or I'm thinking too complicated ... ;-)