[Monetdb-developers] Build date in Mserver startup info

Fabian Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Sat May 1 15:27:09 CEST 2004

Niels Nes wrote:

> indeed right thats the real problem. I think other projects also only show the
> source code version ie a version or a version plus snapshot date.
> So we also leave it at what we have, maybe generate a date into the
> version string, we we release snapshots (which we currently don't).

Can't make be instructed to always compile or evaluate a file? Some
python script could perhaps generate a little C file which has one
method to return the (hard coded) date. This method might get called
from instances who need it. In the worst case the end binary gets
relinked I guess?

I might think too simple