[Monetdb-developers] Re: DBI

Arjan Scherpenisse A.C.Scherpenisse at cwi.nl
Tue Aug 10 13:07:18 CEST 2004

Martin Kersten wrote:
> That's a real pity. Would it require many changes?
> Otherwise, we would have to invalidate the perl API
> in the upcoming release.

I dont know if it requires many changes. The reply-parsing code in
monet.pm looks quite 'unstable' to me; I have not found the problem yet.

In my opinion it would be better to base programming language APIs on
the existing libMapi C code. That way protocol changes etc. only need to
be implemented in a single place...

Anyway I do not think I have much time to look further into this, I have
a thesis to finish ;-)

Arjan

--
Arjan Scherpenisse