Announcement: New Jul2017-SP1 Bugfix release of MonetDB suite
sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Aug 2 10:25:18 CEST 2017
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Jul2017-SP1 bugfix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Jul 2017-SP1 bugfix release
* The Debian and Ubuntu installers have been fixed: there was a file
missing in the Jul2017 release.
* Added a new RPM called MonetDB-selinux which provides the SELinux
policy required to run MonetDB under systemd, especially on Fedora
* The Windows installers (*.msi files) are now created using the WiX
* The Windows binaries are now built using Visual Studio 2015.
Because of this, you may need to install the Visual C++
Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 before being able to run
* monetdbd was leaking open file descriptors to the mserver5 process
it started. This has been fixed.
* Many functions in GDK are now annotated with the GCC attribute
__warn_unused_result__ meaning that the compiler will issue a
warning if the result of the function (usually an indication of an
error) is not used.
* 6325: Merge table unusable in other connections
* 6328: Transactional/multi-connection issues with merge tables
* 6336: VALUES multiple inserts error
* 6339: Mserver5 crashes on nested SELECT
* 6340: sample operator takes effect after the execution of the
query, expected before
* 6341: MERGE TABLE issue: Cannot register
* 6342: MERGE TABLE issue: hang
* 6344: Spurious errors and assertions (SQLsmith)
* 6375: MAL profiler truncates JSON objects larger than 8192
More information about the announce-list