Jul 2017-SP4 bugfix release (11.27.13)
Added the .lib and .h files needed for building extensions to the
- 3470: Support setClob without length restrictions
- 6468: JDBC 2.27 fails with year < 1000
- 6482: Query failures on order by on union
- 6483: Monetdb crashes, on query
- 6487: UNION of NULLs with several tables fails
- 6488: Semijoin returns duplicate values from a column with unique values
- 6489: Sqlitelogictest - Wrong result set of complex conditional query
- 6490: Sqlitelogictest - Select query with an IN clause parse error
- 6491: SELECT IN returns NULL instead of false when not found
- 6492: Persistent hashes stored and then ignored. Storage info not in sync with actual indices.
- 6493: Sqlitelogictest - Aggregation query on empty table with DISTINCT clause
- 6494: Sqlitelogictest - Algebra operators priority in select query
- 6495: Sqlitelogictest - Omitting AS in a result set column alias name
- 6496: Sqlitelogictest - Select interval comparisons between floating-points and NULL
- 6497: Sqlitelogictest - Select not between query producing wrong results
- 6498: large virtual memory spike on BLOB column COUNT
- 6499: Crash when trying to replace a function defined in sys from a different schema
- 6502: Query with multiple limit clauses does not return anything
- 6508: Segmentation fault in mserver5 on Python2 UDF with TIMESTAMP column input that has NULL values (conversion.c:438, PyNullMask_FromBAT)
- 6510: Sqlitelogictest: Wrong output in aggregation query
- 6512: Monetdb crashes on query with limit after sort with case
- 6514: Sqlitelogictest: Range query between NULL values not possible
- 6515: Insert null second interval value results in 0
- 6516: Sqlitelogictest unknown bat append operation
- 6517: Sqlitelogictest overflow in conversion during MAL plan execution
- 6518: Sqlitelogictest: count aggregation with not in operator
- 6519: Sqlitelogictest: algebra join between lng and int BATs undefined
- 6520: UPDATE with correlated subquery causes assertion (or segfault)
- 6522: Sqlitelogictest: IN operator return a single column
- 6523: Sqlitelogictest: Case statement subquery missing
- 6524: Sqlitelogictest: Crash in aggregation query with IN operator
- 6527: Crash using order by alias in subquery
Jul 2017-SP3 bugfix release (11.27.11)
- Reimplemented summing of a column of floating point (flt and dbl) values. The old code could give wildly inaccurate results when adding up lots and lots of values due to lack of precision. Try SELECT sum(c) FROM t; where t is 100,000,000 rows, c is of type REAL and all values are equal to 1.1. (The old code returned 33554432 instead of 1.1e8.)
- 3898: Deadlock on insertion
- 6429: ROUND produces wrong data type
- 6436: Query sequence with 2x ifthenelse() and next nullif() causes mserver5 Segmentation fault
- 6437: System schemas "profiler" and "json" shouldn't be allowed to be dropped.
- 6439: Invalid references to sys.columns.id from sys.statistics.column_id
- 6442: SEGFAULT with COPY INTO BEST EFFORT and skipping input columns
- 6443: complex(?) query forgets(?) column name
- 6444: Using 'with' keyword with table returning function crashes monetdb
- 6445: Sqlitelogictest crash in MySQL query
- 6446: sql_parser.y bug?
- 6448: 'insert into' with multiple rows containing subqueries crashes
- 6449: Assertion error in rel_dce_refs (sqlsmith)
- 6450: Assertion error in exp_bin (sqlsmith)
- 6451: Assertion error in sql_ref_dec (sqlsmith)
- 6453: Assertion error in rel_rename_exps (sqlsmith)
- 6454: SQL lexical error
- 6455: Assertion error in rel_apply_rewrite (sqlsmith)
- 6456: NULL becomes 0 in outer join
- 6459: Assertion error in exp_bin (sqlsmith)
- 6462: large virtual memory spike on BLOB column select
- 6465: appending to variables sized atom bats other than str bats with force flag may result in corrupted heap
- 6467: date_to_str formatter is wrong
- 6470: mitosis gets in the way of simple select
- 6471: calls to sys.generate_series should auto-convert arguments
- 6472: Assertion failure in rel_rename (Sqlsmith)
- 6477: assertion eror rel_push_project_up (sqlsmith)
- 6478: Crash with nested order by/ limit offset
- 6479: Mserver receives an assertion error on a procedure call
- 6480: Segfault in mvc_find_subexp (sqlsmith)
Jul 2017-SP2 bugfix release (11.27.9)
- A serious bug, possibly resulting in database corruption, having to do with appending data to a string BAT was fixed.
- 4017: server crashes when executing particular loopback query in embedded python
- 6207: identifier ambiguous when grouping and selecting the same column twice
- 6239: Incorrect profiling
- 6261: New handling of delta tables hurts badly reusage of bats
- 6287: should the CORR function return some numeric type that allows fractions?
- 6321: Two-column aggregation on join result extremely slow.
- 6335: Sqlitelogictest crash in complex SQL query
- 6343: MERGE TABLE issue: unable to find
- 6348: Interference of procedure/table name
- 6350: Carriage return and form feed in TEXT fields are returned as 'r' and 'f' in jdbcclient and ResultSets
- 6352: Scope resolution problem (sqlsmith)
- 6353: implicit NULL value not propagated in distributed/remote query
- 6374: Wrong answer from merge table after content changes
- 6379: Table UDF: SEGV raised when invoking a non existing function
- 6380: unable to create new databases from clean installation
- 6381: Parser misses error messages in conditional
- 6382: Can't set JSON fields via PreparedStatement
- 6384: crash when setting a wrong listenaddr
- 6385: AGGREGATE UDFs with more than 2 parameters incorrectly processed
- 6386: Unexpected error from server for query with long floats
- 6387: Performance degradation on multi column sort
- 6388: JDBC Connection via user voc produces errors when fetching certain meta data information
- 6392: SELECT EXISTS (empty table) returns 'true'
- 6395: BAT leak of scalar result sets
- 6397: Isolation of generating functions not correct
- 6398: Null Matches in outer join are not supported
- 6399: UDF crashes when subquery and scalar values are passed as pameters
- 6400: getCharacterStream() currently not supported
- 6404: COPY INTO crashes if table has primary key or foreign key constraint
- 6405: Compilation error if DISABLE_PARENT_HASH not defined
- 6409: sqllogictest crash on aggregation query with NOT IN clause in HAVING clause
- 6410: Sqlitelogictest crash on aggregation query with IN clause
- 6411: Sqlitelogictest crash in aggregation query
- 6412: Overflow in sys.epoch
- 6413: Wrong answer for TPC-H Q17
- 6414: Using RPAD returns: could not allocate space
- 6416: Sqlitelogictest crash in aggregation query with a NOT IN clause
- 6417: Segfault encountered (sqlsmith)
- 6418: Segfault in renaming (sqlsmith)
- 6419: segfault in rel_optimizer (sqlsmith)
- 6420: Assertion error in mergetable task (sqlsmith)
- 6422: Another assertion error in rel_or (sqlsmith)
- 6423: Dereference null pointer (sqlsmith)
- 6424: Assertion error in rel_rename_expr (sqlsmith)
- 6425: Assertion error in exp_bin (sqlsmith)
- 6426: Assertion error in rel_find_exp_ (sqlsmith)
- 6427: Assertion error in eq_typeswitchloop (sqlsmith)
- 6428: Sqlitelogictest crash in aggregation query
- 6430: Assertion raised in another eq_typeswitch error (sqlsmith)
- 6431: Sqlitelogictest crash in aggregation query with a long having clause
- 6432: Assertion error in exp_bin (sqlsmith)
- 6433: Sqlitelogictest crash in complex SELECT query with IN operator
- 6435: Sqlitelogictest crash in simple select query
- 6437: System schemas "profiler" and "json" shouldn't be allowed to be dropped.
- 6438: Implement functionality to enforce the restrict option in: DROP SCHEMA xyz RESTRICT;
- 6440: Faulty plan generated. Query returns more rows than expected or existing in the view sys.tables.
Important: we found a bug in the Jul2017 and Jul2017-SP1 releases (only) that can corrupt your database. We recommend to not upgrade to these two releases, but to skip directly to the Jul2017-SP2 release. See this email message.
Jul 2017-SP1 bugfix release (11.27.5)
Debian and Ubuntu uses may want to reimport the MonetDB GPG public key as per the instructions on the download page. See bug 6383 for more information.
- The Debian and Ubuntu installers have been fixed: there was a file missing in the Jul2017 release.
- Added a new RPM called MonetDB-selinux which provides the SELinux policy required to run MonetDB under systemd, especially on Fedora 26.
- The Windows installers (*.msi files) are now created using the WiX Toolset.
- The Windows binaries are now built using Visual Studio 2015. Because of this, you may need to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 before being able to run MonetDB.
- monetdbd was leaking open file descriptors to the mserver5 process it started. This has been fixed.
- Many functions in GDK are now annotated with the GCC attribute __warn_unused_result__ meaning that the compiler will issue a warning if the result of the function (usually an indication of an error) is not used.
- 6325: Merge table unusable in other connections
- 6328: Transactional/multi-connection issues with merge tables
- 6336: VALUES multiple inserts error
- 6339: Mserver5 crashes on nested SELECT
- 6340: sample operator takes effect after the execution of the query, expected before
- 6341: MERGE TABLE issue: Cannot register
- 6342: MERGE TABLE issue: hang
- 6344: Spurious errors and assertions (SQLsmith)
- 6375: MAL profiler truncates JSON objects larger than 8192 characters
Jul 2017 feature release (11.27.1)
On Fedora 26 there is a known issue with this release. When you use MonetDB under systemd (if you have enabled the system service with systemctl enable monetdbd.service), and you have SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) enabled, the database server processes will not start when you try to connect.
- The "sub" prefix of many functions, both at the MAL and the C level, has been removed.
- Changed the interfaces of the AUTH* functions: pass values, not pointers to values.
- Removed calc.setoid().
- group.subgroup is now called group.group if it is not refining a group. Both group.group and group.subgroup now also have variants with a candidate list.
- The allocation schemes for MAL blocks and Variables has been turned into block-based. This reduces the number of malloc()/free() calls.
- Added a new server-side protocol implementation. The new protocol is backwards compatible with the old protocol. Clients can choose whether they want to use the old or the new protocol during the initial handshake with the server. The new protocol is a binary column-based protocol that is significantly faster than the old protocol when transferring large result sets. In addition, the new protocol supports compression using Snappy or LZ4.
- Moved the sphinx extension module to its own repository. See https://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB-sphinx/.
- Removed GSL module: it's now a separate (extension) package. See https://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB-gsl/.
- The PCRE library is now optional for systems that support POSIX regular expressions.
- Added 5 new sys schema tables: function_languages, function_types, key_types, index_types and privilege_codes. They are pre-loaded with static content and contain descriptive names for the various integer type and code values. See also sql/scripts/51_sys_schema_extension.sql
- Added handling of a dbextra property per database at the daemon level. The user can set the dbextra property for a database using the command: $ monetdb set dbextra=<path> <database> and the daemon will make sure to start the new server using the correct --dbextra parameter.
- The mclient and msqldump programs lost compatibility with old mserver5 versions (pre 2014) which didn't have a "system" column in the sys.schemas table.
- The mclient and msqldump programs lost compatibility with ancient mserver5 versions (pre 2011) which didn't have the sys.systemfunctions table.
- Removed the "array" and "quick" functions from the mapi library. To be precise, the removed functions are: mapi_execute_array, mapi_fetch_field_array, mapi_prepare_array, mapi_query_array, mapi_quick_query, mapi_quick_query_array, and mapi_quick_response.
- Added a more elaborate \help command for SQL expressions.
- Improved error checking in the logger code (dealing with the write-ahead log); changed return types a several functions from int to gdk_return (i.e., they now return GDK_SUCCEED or GDK_FAIL). The logger no longer calls GDKfatal on error. Instead the caller is responsible for dealing with errors.
- BATsort may now create an order index as a by product.
- Quantile calculations now use the order index if available (and use BATsort otherwise, producing an order index).
- Quantiles calculate a position in the sorted column. If this position is not an integer, we now choose the nearest position, favoring the lower if the distance to the two adjacent positions is equal (round down to nearest integer).
- Removed function BATprintf. Use BATprint or BATprintcolumns instead.
- Removed BATsave from the list of exported functions.
- Replaced BBPincref/BBPdecref with BBPfix/BBPunfix for physical reference count and BBPretain/BBPrelease for logical reference count maintenance.
- Removed automatic conversion of 32-bit OIDs to 64 bits on 64-bit architectures.
- Removed functions OIDbase() and OIDnew().
- Removed talign field from BAT descriptor.
- BATappend now takes an optional (NULL if not used) candidate list for the to-be-appended BAT.
- New function BATkeyed(BAT *b) that determines (possibly using a hash table) whether all values in b are distinct.
- Made the operator precedence of % equal to those of * and /. All three are evaluated from left to right.
- Removed table sys.connections. It was a remnant of an experimental change that had already been removed in 2012.
- Protect against runaway profiler events If you hit a barrier block during profiling, the JSON event log may quickly become unwieldy. Event production is protected using a high water mark, which ensures that never within the single execution of MAL block the instruction causes excessive event records.
- 3465: Request: add support for CREATE VIEW with ORDER BY clause
- 3545: monetdb commands don't work with -h -P -p options (locally and remotely)
- 3996: select * from sys.connections always returns 0 rows. Expected to see at least one row for the active connection.
- 6187: Nested WITH queries not supported
- 6225: Order of evaluation of the modulo operator
- 6289: Crashes and hangs with remote tables
- 6292: Runaway SQL optimizer in too many nested operators
- 6310: Name resolution error (sqlsmith)
- 6312: Object not found in LIMIT clause (sqlsmith)
- 6313: Null type resolution in disjunction fails (sqlsmith)
- 6319: Server crash on LATERAL (sqlsmith)
- 6322: Crash on disjunction with LIMIT (sqlsmith)
- 6323: Deadlock calling sys.bbp()
- 6324: Sqlitelogictest crash in a IN query (8th)
- 6327: The daemon does not respect the actual name of the mserver5 executable
- 6330: Sqlitelogictest crash on a complex SELECT query
- 6331: sys.statistics column "nils" always contains 0. Expected a positive value for columns that have one or more nils/NULLs
- 6332: Sqlitelogictest crash related to an undefined MAL function