Feb 2013 feature release
- enabled "top-level" Mtest.py So far, while Mtest.py could be called in any subdirectory of the MonetDB source tree (and could then run all tests in the entire sub-tree), it was not possible to call Mtest.py in the top-level MonetDB source directory to run all tests. Instead, to run all tests, Mtest.py had to be called at least 4 times, once in each of these directories: "clients", "monetdb5", "sql", "geom". Now, it is possible to call Mtest.py once in the top-level MonetDB source directory to run all tests in one go. The behaviour of calling Mtest.py in any subdirectory, including the four mentioned above, did not changed, other than that now obsolete command line options "-p / --package <package>" and "-5 / --monetdb5" have been removed.
- merocontrol was changed to return server URIs, and lastStop time. Connections and dbpath were removed.
- Mapi protocol v8 support was removed from MapiSocket. Protocol v8 has not been used by the servers any more since Apr2012 release
- Mapi protocol v8 support was removed from all client drivers. Protocol v8 has not been used by the servers any more since Apr2012 release
- The tool mnc was removed from installations
- msqldump: Implmented an option (--table/-t) to dump a single table.
- Changed msqdump's trace option to be in line with mclient. In both cases, the long option is --Xdebug and the short option is -X.
- mserver5: The --dbname and --dbfarm options have been replaced by the single --dbpath option.
- The scheduler of mserver5 was changed to use a fixed set of workers to perform the work for all connected clients. Previously, each client connection had its own set of workers, easily causing resource problems upon multiple connections to the server.
- Upgrade support for dbfarms from Mar2011 and Aug2011 was dropped
- monetdb status now uses a more condensed output, to cater for the uris being shown, and prints how long a database is stopped, or how long ago it crashed
- monetdb status now prints the connection uri for each database, when available. The connections and database path properties have been dropped.
- monetdb status now prints last crash date only if the database has not been started since.
- 2291: small doubles end up as NULL after arithmetic
- 3215: Calculation Date function using interval and year
- 3033: stethoscope needs better documentation
- 3084: Timestamp arithmetic very slow (especially on Windows)
- 3125: Python tests fail after recent Python API changes
- 3172: assertion fails on table function with subselects as parameters
- 3178: one scan is enough to implement ALGstdev_@1 in monetdb5/modules/kernel/algebra.mx
- 3179: LIKE: batstr.like+algebra.uselect called instead of pcre.like_filter
- 3193: Expressions not supported in the GROUP BY or ORDER BY clause.
- 3216: "unknown property" error setting format and width in .monetdb file
- 3217: gdk_posix fails to compile under NetBSD
- 3221: can no execute large statements
- 3222: Monet DB giving wrong value from a table when a value is queried after insertion/ Data Loss
- 3225: mserver segfault on select
- 3227: MT_set_lock() call on an non-initialized lock