The MonetDB code base is legally owned by MonetDB BV. Any contribution to the code base is required to be free of IPR claims and free of conflict with existing patents. Authorized users can provide code patches for moderated integration with the product suite.
The MonetDB distribution is covered by the MonetDB License derived from the Mozilla Public License,Version 1.1, by replacing the references to the Mozilla product with MonetDB, and by changing the jurisdiction to The Netherlands.
This license structure ensures that the MonetDB code-base can be freely used by the community without inflicting on the proprietary rights of commercial products derived from the software. Contributions of software should either comply with the MonetDB license or produce an amendment. Answers to many questions about the license can be found in the license FAQ and newsgroup.
Relevant Trademarks for products used in the MonetDB source and documentation are:
- Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
- Red Hat, Cygwin and RPM are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
- IRIX and SGI are registered trademarks of sgi .
- Microsoft, Windows, Windows 7 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Solaris is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- AIX is a registered trademark of IBM.
- Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
- AMD is a registered trademark of Advanced Micro Devices.
- SPARC is a registered trademark of SPARC International, Inc.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of the X/Open Company, Ltd.
- The Adobe Portable Document Format is Copyright 1993-1999 by Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe and PostScript are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems, Incorporated.
- Apple, Macintosh, Mac and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.